- A report by Indeed revealed that job postings on the site were down 34.1% year-over-year as of May 29.
- Despite the large drop, it marked the fourth week of improvement (albeit slight) from May 1, which saw a year-over-year decline of 39.3%.
- According to the report, year-over-year job postings started sliding in mid-March, continued through April, and hit their lowest percentage on May 1.
- Industries that have been hit the hardest by the pandemic, like hospitality, tourism, and childcare, have seen the biggest decline in job posting.
- However, Indeed reports that even industries not directly impacted by the pandemic have seen a significant decrease in job postings. For example, software development job postings were down 36.3% year-over-year and banking and finance job postings were down 51.3%.
- Since May 1, postings for jobs in sectors including dental, beauty and wellness, food preparation, and driving have all rebounded. However, postings for high-paying jobs like software development, banking and finance, and scientific research were still on a downward trend as of May 29.
Source: Business Insider