This briefing has ended. Follow our latest coverage of the Biden vs. Trump 2020 election here.
- The Democrats gave Biden the nomination he has sought since 1988.
- Jill Biden, in her former classroom, spoke of frustration and loss amid the pandemic.
- ‘They would just sit and joke’: Cindy McCain recounted her husband’s friendship with Biden in a video.
- Ady Barkan, addressing health care, called Trump an ‘existential threat.’
- After a lively roll call vote, Joe Biden is officially the Democratic nominee.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez summed up progressive goals as she made the case for Bernie Sanders.
- ‘The buck never stops there,’ Bill Clinton said of Trump’s White House.
- Off camera, Jimmy Carter hailed Biden’s ‘character and decency.’